Pool Monitors are being implemented in order to provide a safe environment for all members. The Pool Monitor does need to be trained by the House Committee before assuming duties. This can be done at the pool on the first day of monitoring/swimming with PRIOR arrangement with the House Committee. Please email Jen O’Mara (Chair) at: Jen@jeomara.com to schedule your training. It takes about 10 minutes of training, then you commit to a few hours of training.
The BEST THING is that you can swim while monitoring. And you are not a Lifeguard - more along the order of a 'check-in' person.
The Site Monitor will be trained in following procedures and needs to ACTIVELY manage and monitor the swim session to help ensure swimmers' compliance with guidelines and protocols.
MONITOR for self:
1) Check your own temperature
2) Wear a mask when checking-in registered attendees
EXPLAIN to SWIMMERS:
3) Check-in masked registered (having a reservation) swim-pass members, spousal card holders and their same-home families ― NO GUESTS at this time
4) Check swimmers temperature, ask health questions
5) Explain operational guidelines (list below):
▪ Wear a face covering when entering pool area for check-in
▪ Practice social distancing poolside ( 6-feet away from non-family members)
▪ Headcount (one person per lane/ quadrant, family exception 2 members) 5 maximum in the pool at one time
▪ Time limitations
▪ Swim in center of lane to maintain 6-feet of social distance in lap swim
▪ Swimmers in the center of quadrant for quadrant activity
▪ Bathroom use only - NO showering or changing
▪ No gathering
▪ No sharing of equipment (unless a family member) - may use 1 bench per lane for personal equipment (towels, shoes, etc.)
▪ No use of poolside items (lounges, tables, chairs)
▪ The Cabana is off limits
6) After checking in Members, the Site Monitor may swim while overseeing designated swim session time.
7) Monitor for compliance
8) Bathrooms : Minimum 1x hour and at the end of your shift, disinfect all high-touch surfaces, including areas in both bathrooms. Clean benches at the end of the lanes.
9) Drop the shift sheet into the Secretary’s box in the cabana.
10) NOTE:If you have a problem with a swimmer who does not follow procedures and directions, please email the House Committee Chair (Jen O’Mara) at: Jen@jeomara.com